Duration: 13 days
- Fascinating trekking route of medium grade
- Unique climate area of high mountain Lake Issyk-Kul
- Rich wildlife and original Kyrgyz nomads culture
- Accommodation in Hotels or Guest Houses and Tent Camps
Issyk-Kul Lake is a huge natural accumulator which determine the unique climate of the whole area. You can hardly experience anywhere else such a hot mountain sun, fresh air and smell of fir trees, as well as coolness of sea breeze. While travelling there you will feel stronger, healthy, full of pleasant emotions.
Season: June — September
|1||Arrival in Bishkek.||Hotel|
|2||Transfer to the Boom gorge. Walking to the red sandstone rocks.||Tent Camp|
|3||After lunch transfer via Karakol town (former Przhevalsk) to Kashka-Suu Gorge.||Tent Camp|
|4||Hike up to Chon-Kol-Dzar pass (3350 m) along Kashka-Suu River and then descent to Altyn-Arashan Gorge («Golden Spring»).||Tent Camp or mountain hut|
|5||Radial hike to the upper reaches of Arashan Gorge.||Tent Camp|
|6||Radial hike to Ala-Kol Lake.||Tent Camp|
|7||Transfer to Dzhety-Oguz Gorge.||Tent Camp|
|8-9||Radial hiking.||Tent Camp|
|10||Transfer to Lake Issyk-Kul.||Hotel or Guest House|
|11||Rest by the Issyk-Kul lake.||Hotel or Guest House|
|12||Transfer to Almaty or Bishkek. On the way visit Burana Tower, architectural monument of XII century on the Great Silk Road.||Hotel|
|13||Departure from Bishkek or Almaty.||—|
1) Average trekking time is 5-6 hours a day, however on some days it takes 7 hours over a pass.
The route is not very difficult. It requires average fitness.
2) Every tourist must have sleeping bag, sleeping pad, warm clothes, rain coat, trekking-boots.
Service included in basic package:
— Kitchenware and dining set
— Full board and lodging in hotels and tent camps
— Personnel: Guide / Interpreter, Cook, Porters
— Boating on Lake Issyk-Kul
— Folklore show
— National horse games show
— Kyrgyz visa support
— Registration in OVIR